Victory Motorcycles Launches 10th Anniversary with Special Limited-Edition Victory Vision All 100 10th Anniversary Models Sold Out in 7 Minutes
MEDINA, MN (September 24, 2008) — Victory Motorcycles launched its 2009 model sales season and its 10th Anniversary Celebration with a bang, selling all 100 of its special 10th Anniversary Victory Vision Tour models in just 7 minutes.
The limited-edition 10th Anniversary Victory Vision Tour is the most exclusive motorcycle Victory has ever built and it has become an instant collector’s item. It serves as the flagship of the 2009 Victory model line, which also includes the new Kingpin Low and three models with a new Freedom ® 106/6 V-Twin.
“We knew there were riders seeking an absolutely loaded Victory Vision, but we were frankly surprised that the Anniversary edition sold out so quickly,” said Victory Motorcycles Vice President Mark Blackwell. “We are proud that the bike was so well received and feel it is further proof that Victory Motorcycles has delivered on its promise to be ‘The New American Motorcycle.’”
The 10th Anniversary Victory Vision Tour was designed to signify the future of Victory while paying tribute to the brand’s 10-year history. The color scheme of the 10th Anniversary model – Antares Red and black with gold pin striping – is the same as that of the very first Victory Motorcycle built on July 4th, 1999.
The special anniversary model has a full complement of Victory Vision riders’ favorite accessories, including an XM Radio module, a CB radio and intercom, Victory TourTech GPS, saddlebag and trunk liners and a special chrome package. It also has special 10th Anniversary badging and is the first Victory Vision model with reverse as standard equipment.
Victory will produce only 100 of the 10th Anniversary models, each of which will feature a numbered badge. All 100 of the bikes were spoken for in just 7 minutes through a unique electronic application process. Victory opened an online portal to receive applications at 10 a.m. on Friday, August 1, and all 100 bikes were reserved by 10:07 a.m.
“It was amazing,” Blackwell said. “The bikes were reserved as quickly as 100 applications could be electronically verified and processed, and now we have the pleasure of notifying happy riders that they’ll be receiving one of these fantastic machines.”
The 10th Anniversary Model, By the Numbers
Here’s where the 100 10th Anniversary models will be headed:
• Eight Canadian riders will receive 10th Anniversary models and 92 bikes will be sold to U.S. riders.
• Florida had the most riders securing bikes – 9 – followed by Minnesota and Pennsylvania with five apiece.
• The 100 bikes are being sold through 73 Victory dealers.
• The bikes are numbered and will be assigned to riders randomly; requests for specifically numbered bikes are not being fulfilled.
Special VIP Treatment in Daytona
Victory will host all registered owners of 10th Anniversary models at Daytona Bike Week in March 2009. Victory will provide each of the 100 owners with two nights’ lodging in Daytona and will host them at a special Victory VIP Reception and at the annual VRA (Victory Riders Association) Party at Daytona. Dates and details will be announced at a later date.
10th Anniversary Victory Vision Detail
Along with the electronics listed above, special features of the 10th Anniversary Victory Vision Tour include:
• Billet wheels and a billet sprocket • Custom stitched seat, backrest and trunk lid • Chrome fluted exhaust tips • Heated handgrips and heated seats with individual controls for the driver and passenger • Cruise control • Electronically adjustable windshield • HID (High Intensity Discharge) headlight and backlit side badges • Powerful Freedom® 106/6 V-Twin: An electronically fuel-injected 106-ci engine with a 6-speed transmission with overdrive
The 2009 Victory Lineup
Photos, specifications and complete details about all the 2009 Victory Models, as well as a dealer locator, are available at: www.victorymotorcycles.com.