Santa Monica, Calif. (November 20, 2018) – The Progressive® International Motorcycle Shows® (IMS), an industry leader on connecting powersports brands with highly qualified enthusiasts and buyers, today announced the winners of the first round of the 2018-2019 J&P Cycles Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Show (UBCBS), which took place at IMS Long Beach last weekend. The winners will move on to compete in the championship round in Chicago, Illinois.
Now in its ninth year, UBCBS is an elite-level custom motorcycle builder competition featuring more than 400 motorcycles and with more than $100,000 cash and prizes awarded across the IMS tour, the largest prize package in the United States. The competition will be held at all seven stops on the IMS Tour with the championship round taking place February 17 in Chicago, Illinois. To learn more, please visit: motorcycleshows.com/UBCBS.
The winners of the UBCBS at IMS Long Beach are as follows:
· Winner: Brandon Holstein of The Speed Builder, received $1,000 for his 2018 Harley-Davidson Fatbob. He built a handmade aluminum tail and front cowling on the Harley-Davidson. This motorcycle was the first prototype billet aluminum swingarm with mid controls and triple trees.
· Winner: Anthony Robinson of Anthony Robinson Gasoline & Coffee took home $750 for his 1966 Triumph T-100, hosting a 500 motor engraved with an open primary belt drive.
· Runner-Up: Michael LaFountain and painter Geoff Giamarco of Michael LaFountain and Raccia Motorcycles received a plaque on the 1974 Honda CB750, highlighting a custom tank, seat, instrument panel, among other custom built features.
· Winner: Jon Schroder won $500 for his 2007 Suzuki GZ250, featuring a custom made tail, seat, fly screen and pipe.
Winner: Eric Bennet of Bennett’s Performance Inc. took home $750 and a $250 Harley-Davidson gift card for a 1977 Harley-Davidson Frame. The water cooled engine was the front engine out of the Jammer Streamliner that set the AMA record at 276.376 mph on the Bonneville Salt Flats in October 1978.
· Runner-Up: Jim Carducci received $100 Harley-Davidson gift card for his 2018 Carducci Dual Sport Gera Baja. The custom motorcycle features 1275cc Sportster motor, suspension travel, CNC swingarm, 2-into-1 exhaust with a Leo Vince muffler, among other custom build features.
· Winner: Jim Carducci also won a People’s Choice award for his 2018 Carducci Dual Sport Gera Baja.