The seminars will take place in the comfortable shade of an event tent in the Old Bike Barn Crossroads in the infield area of the facility. Topics include adventure riding, community garages, autonomous vehicles, Himalayan tours, traveling Pakistan, motorcycle maintenance and land speed records.
A highlight will be three presentations by Jack O’Connor, owner of the Pine Barrens Adventure Camp Riding School. He will help prepare riders for safely navigating through challenging off-road routes.The New Jersey-based school offers training for beginners and experienced riders.
At AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days, Pine Barrens will have live demonstrations outside the seminar tent. And instructors will cover GPS use and motorcycle ergonomics.
“We are very fortunate to have the folks from Pine Barrens Adventure Camp Riding School on site in an area where they can demonstrate the techniques they are talking about,” said AMA Chief Operations Officer Jeff Massey. “The other seminars will be exciting, as well. I hope everyone attending AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days has a chance to attend one of these presentations.”
Other speakers and seminars feature:
- Carl Parker, publisher of ADVMoto: Everybody’s ADV
- Brian Schaffran, Skidmark Garage owner: Saving the World: Community Garages
- Bear Haughton, owner of Old Bike Barn: Himalayan Heroes USA
- Mike Sayre, AMA government relations manager: Autonomous Vehicles: Will They Look Twice?
- A Women’s Traveling Panel (Liza Miller, Stephanie Yue, Tiffany Camhi, Anita Munneke): Breaking Barriers and a Moto Adventure through Pakistan
- Wendy Crockett, owner of The Cyclesmiths: Basic Motorcycle Maintenance; Endurance Riding at its Best
- Curtis Smith, AMA/FIM chief technical steward: Introduction to Land Speed Records
- Armand Ensanian: Carburetor and Fuel Injection workshop; History of the Japanese Motorcycle
AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days, the nation’s premier vintage motorcycling event, includes racing, bike shows, live music at the Old Bike Barn Crossroads stage and motorcycle attractions.
The AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days Swap Meet, brought to you by Federal Motorcycle Shipping, brings hundreds of vendors together to sell, buy or trade bikes, parts and memorabilia.
The event also features the AMA Vintage Grand Championship, which features road racing, motocross, hare scrambles and trials.
Current production bikes will be on hand for display and demo rides.
Tickets for AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days are on sale now.
AMA members can visit www.amavintagemotorcycledays.c
Non-AMA members can buy tickets through Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course online at www.midohio.comor by calling (419) 884-4000.
AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days is a family-friendly event. Children 12 and younger get in free with a ticketed adult. Free parking is also available on site.
Proceeds from AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days benefit the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame, which is located on the AMA campus in Pickerington, Ohio. The mission of the Hall of Fame is to tell the stories and preserve the history of motorcycling’s legends and heroes. For more information, call (614) 856-2222, or visit the Hall of Fame’s website at www.motorcyclemuseum.org.
Keep up to date on event announcements by liking and following AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days on Facebook www.facebook.com/AMAVintageMot
Those attending AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days will be able to sign up for special text alerts during the event weekend.
For more information, visit www.amavintagemotorcycledays.c